Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Remaining IPL match predictions - for academic purposes only

Hello,

Cricket is a religion in India, or so they say. I must be the exception to the rule. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not interested in the game at all. Sure when I was younger at actual sporting level I have played cricket, but as the commercial establishment of IPL or even Indian cricket team, I genuinely find most matches boring.

I find predicting games very difficult, primarily because I don't do much of it at all. Someone who is more interested than me follows the prediction of a 'celebrity astrologer' and says that he keeps getting is wrong most of the time.

So for academic purposes only, here are my predictions of the remaining IPL league level games. Some of the answers came clearly, some were notoriously hard to predict. In such cases I havent stuck to rules but actually tried to improvise. for example, the Bangalore vs. Delhi game on 17/5, the "rules" were not giving a clear answer but had a slight positive for Bangalore. The chart for Delhi infact quite readily indicates opponent win. In fact as per Nadi rules, Delhi even displays a scattered combination of 6 8 12 in its Dasha lord (JU). But yes, I have predicted a Delhi win solely because its 6th CSL is more positive than Bangalore's 6th CSL. Lets see if I am right, or if I learn!

The prediction are below:


4 comments:

  1. Mumbai won. This prediction was very difficult and mumbai was selected as a winner by me by just a hair. This was reflected in the match. Came down to kolkata needing 6 runs to win off the last ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bangalore won. Match was shortened due to rain and then shortened again after the first innings of Hyd was over. Match was won by Virat Kohli who required 4 runs of two balls and then hit a 6 which was caught on the line but the fielder stepped over the boundary line with the ball in his hand. The funny part is that Warner who caught the ball had effectively won the match for Hyd till he decided to celebrate prematurely and stepped over the line inadvertently. This is how stars work. They will find a way to make their result true, whatever the odds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of the two matches today, The Delhi Bangalore match was washed out by rain. This is what is amazing about astrology. The chart was very very unclear as I said in the blog post above. I only picked Delhi as its 6th CSL was stronger than Banglore's 6th CSL. But it was destined to be washed out...no wonder the chart was so non-committal! So I can say my chart was correct, but I need a little more experience in the interpretation. To be fair to myself, I was told that these games never end in a draw as they have some ball throwing at the stumps later, hence my charts were based on a binary outcome. But clearly, rain-out in mid-May was something that I could not interpret!

    The other game was straight-forward and Mumbai won as predicted.

    ReplyDelete